SNV partners for major international off-grid solar forum
01.01.2020 // News
SNV is delighted to sponsor the next edition of the Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo which will take place on the 18 - 20 February 2020 in Nairobi.
About the event
The Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo is the premier meeting of the off-grid solar sector providing a unique platform for knowledge exchange, networking and showcasing off-grid solar products and services. The event aims to accelerate the development of the global off-grid solar market contributing to achieving universal energy access by 2030.
The event is co-organised by GOGLA is the global association for the off-grid solar energy industry and Lighting Global is the World Bank Group’s initiative to rapidly increase access to off-grid solar energy for the one billion people living without grid electricity world-wide.
SNV at the event
At the event, SNV Energy experts from across SNV will attend the event and give an overview of its solar energy initiatives in the region. In particular, we will showcase a relatively newly established BRILHO - Energy Africa in Mozambique programme at our exhibition stand. The programme which is funded by UKAID and represents the United Kingdom’s commitment to the Energy Africa Campaign in Mozambique. BRILHO is currently targeting three identified inter-connected areas of energy need in Mozambique, namely improved cookstoves, solar home systems and mini-grids.
BRILHO is dedicated to achieving the goals of the Energy Africa Compact for Mozambique and is expected to increase energy access in Mozambique for 1.5 million people. It is a comprehensive and innovative five-year programme which will support 15,000 businesses and mobilise GBP 20 million in private funding. To learn more about the BRILHO project come and visit us at our stand at the event or visit the BRILHO webpage.
Learn more about SNV’s off-grid solar energy activities.
If you would like to know more about the work that SNV does in the area of off-grid solar click on the links below:
- Read how DFID and SNV are improving energy access for 1.5M people in Mozambique.
- Learn about the Solar Microfinance Programme which broadens access to affordable solar home solutions for 25,000 households in rural Cambodia.
- Click here to find out more about the Kenya Off-Grid Solar Access Project (KOSAP) which is a flagship project of the Ministry of Energy, financed by the World Bank.
- The Results-Based Financing (RBF) for Pico-Solar Market Development project aims to improve market access to and use of quality pico-solar devices for rural and off-grid households.
- Be inspired by young Margreth's story who is driven to succeed as solar energy entrepreneur.